Tuesday, December 31, 2013

✸ goodbye, 2013 ✸

And good riddance! 2013 was a really tough year for me, and even though I feel like I spent most of it being completely miserable, there were actually quite a few things (& people) that made it all worthwhile. Here's a round up of some of my favorites from this year.

FAVORiTE BLOGS
blogs that I found most ~inspiring~ in 2013.
Perma Pupa  Mermaidens  Girl with the Flower  Spooky Puke  Secret Hipster

FAVORiTE OUTFiTS
pinky blue ● galaxy girl  in bloom  batty
(can you guess what pair of shoes were my favorite all year? haha)

HiGHLiGHTS 
I *finally* grew my buzz cut out and dyed it blue-green (I consider this to be a huge accomplishment, okay?)
✉ I received a lotta great snail mail from my friends. ✍
I ~successfully~ opened up my web shop in January & recently filled my 100th order! ● I finished the first issue of my zine, Girl Monster, which I had been working on since 2012. ● I got my "work" (I feel so silly calling it that, haha) published for the first time ever in ROOKIE YEARBOOK TWO. Ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe my feelings over this! I'll probably do a more in-depth post about it later just to get all my excitement out.

And another highlight for me is finishing yet another year of (super sporadic) blogging here on Self-Constructed Freak. 2014 will actually be my 5th year of blogging and I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it a productive one! I seriously cannot thank you all enough for your super sweet comments & emails & general loveliness! Even though it may take me f o r e v e r to respond (I'm a total fail at social interaction -_-) I really hope you know how much I appreciate every single one of them! 

Special shout out to Adi, George, Kailey, Meagan and Eline for never failing to put a smile on my face with your comments and making me totally not hate this blogging thing - you guys are the best! 

13 comments:

  1. OMG HOLY CRAP THAT'S MY FACE!!!
    If I could cry, I would but for now I'll just internally cry and spazz out T_T
    Those are tears of joy <3 Marlena is god

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Marlena! I was actually shocked when I saw my name on your shout outs! Hahah Thank you so much; you're actually my favorite fashion blogger. (>^.^<)
    Congrats on letting your hair grow too AND on your 100th sell!! I think you chose a perfect color to dye your hair. :) And that adults suck t-shirt, omgosh.<333
    I have a strong feeling that 2014 will bring many great things, and I hope that you get to experience them. Wishing you nothing but the best and looking forward to your future blog posts.<3

    Your vegetarian mermaid friend, Adi.

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really admire how you express urself with all the colours and funk.
    :)
    http://mirrorpages.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the shout-out Marlena! ... made my day!
    I didn't realise you had had such a bad year. I'm sorry
    to know that, I hate to think of such wonderful people
    going through bad times. I liked your title of the post,
    exactly how I feel ... I just wish it was that easy though.
    the thing that made my year so bad, sadly goes into
    the new year with me. I want to thank you for doing
    your blog Marlena ... it was like when I really needed
    it, there would be a new post from you up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such amazing style! I'm very jealous!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love ya gurl ;) here's to another year of wearing amazing fluffy sweaters and frilly socks

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've accomplished so much! I find your blog super inspiring. good luck in the new year! :)

    I love your shirt which says, "adults suck then you are one." :P gah, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this all is too cute, those snail mail...aww

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Adults Suck Then You Are One" is the perfect t-shirt, and perfect motto for life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, 2013 was a shitfest. Almost everyone I've talked to about it has had a bad year-- myself included. Here's to better times ahead!

    Congratulations on filling 100 orders on Poptones and getting published! That's pretty damn awesome and only the beginning, I'm sure <3

    I'm really glad if my package contributed a tiny bit to your year not sucking as much. The ring looks fabulous on you. ^_^ When I got your package, I'd been sick with the flu for days and the lovely contents and note made my crappy week waay better-- so again, thank you so much. If you ever want to receive an atrociously kitschy postcard in the mail, let me know!

    -Sim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is so pink and fabulous! Your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete