Monday, October 1

R✿✿KIE

I got my copy of the Rookie Yearbook in the mail a couple of weeks ago and it's every bit as rad as I had anticipated! I've been waiting for the day Rookie would be in print ever since Tavi mentioned wanting to start up a magazine years ago and I'm so happy that that day has finally come! ^___^
While I was a little bummed that none of my pieces were featured in the book (they ended up not having enough room) I still got a mention in the contributors page (right next to Ed Meadham) so it's all good! o.~ I'm just so thrilled that I've been able to be apart of such a wonderful thing, and I can't wait to see what other totally awesome stuff the future holds for the mag! 
You wouldn't be surprised if I told you that my favorite thing out of the entire book is the pop-out crown, would you? I would totally wear it out, but I'm afraid I'll lose it!
This was my celebratory outfit for the arrival of the Yearbook. Along with the book, I was also sent a Rookie t-shirt (thanks guys!!), which I promptly cropped and frillified because I wanted to make it look even cuter. I wore my new top with this '60s tennis skirt that I found on etsy over the summer. It has this really neat pattern on it that resembles little color-block windows. I finished the rest of my outfit off with some badges, diy daisy tights, and my vintage Doc Martens.
I'm really digging the color coordination my badges & skirt are doing here. I got the daisy patch from Meadham Kirchhoff, and the Girl Scout badge from my sister.

24 comments:

  1. This is so rad!! I haven't bought the book yet but I did sneak a peek and the layout and design is arrestingly beautiful. I love the shirt DIY you did, too! You are so creative and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit! I love your diy'd top and tights!
    ~maren

    flowyshirtsminiskirts.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to have the yearbook!I pre-ordered it but there was a problem with the postage,so it's been resent and I'm still eagerly awaiting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got it the day it came out! i love it. i'm keeping it forever for future generations of girls to read. i wish rookie existed when i was growing up! i love what you did with the shirt, you are just the cutest. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear your articles didn't make it in. I love your DIY tutorials. In fact, I hope one is order in how you did your Tshirt. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE what you've done with the tshirt, I want to do something with mine but I'm scared of completely messing it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the yearbook! I haven't got around to making my crown yet though! I need to! And I need to get that tee! You look adorable as always. Those shoes are <3<3<3<3<3!!! I have to make those tights as well. :)
    xo, Tori
    http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw one of your DIYs should totally have been in the yearbook! They're one of my favourite things in Rookie! Still in need of it it looks like perfection from everything I've seen. I love your patches! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is the cutest outfit oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit, love your tights and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the tshirt, i hope you're in next year, the crown is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wah I need this book. I really do. (I am currently totally out of money -.- ) I love the crown, too - it's adorable and so cute! And I love how you DIYed the skirt - sooooo cute! <3

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    PS: So sad that nothing of your work is in there... I love your DIYs, they are one of the best parts of ROOKIE, really!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!
    It's been so long since I've been involved in the fashion community.
    Anyway, your shirt is absolutely lovely. Have you heard of an artist named Inechi? If you just google her, you'll get all sorts of her work. She's really god a rad style. Your shirt reminded me of something she would create.

    x
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect outfit as usual! (Seriously, each outfit it like another work of art! So different.)
    I can't wait until I get my hands on Rookie Yearbook One :)

    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Despite the fact that I am no longer a teenager (sadly) I really want the rookie book, it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my god. This is such a cute outfit! I love what you've done to your rookie t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowie, this is amazing! I have to say, those DIY badges from a previous post were genius! I just loved them! Your blog is so happy, I like it so much :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh bummer, you've got such nice pieces! Good to see though that your name was mentioned and you got such an awesome crown too. :) I love your outfit as well; the colored blocks are nice! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's so cool you made it to the contributor's page! good job :) really like that skirt too.

    SS xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the patches!

    Eryn
    fashionfledge.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh please tell what etsy shop you got the skirt at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember! I just looked at my etsy account and couldn't find the transaction in my history, either. =\ The skirt is vintage (Leon Levin brand from the '60s), so I'd just look around etsy/vintage shops for that brand. Maybe you'll find one that's similar!

      Delete
  22. You are probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love your sense of style and I can tell your very passionate about what you blog about. I admire you. I have to follow you because of it.


    Raven Rosie
    www.ravenrosie.com

    ReplyDelete

♡ ♡ ♡ thanks for the comment! ♡ ♡ ♡