Friday, October 5

♡BETSEY'S BACK!♡

Betsey Johnson S/S 2013
A couple weeks ago I came across the runway photos from Betsey Johnson's latest collection. I really love the by-the-decade theme she had with her looks! I even recognized some of the pieces that seemed to be remakes from her different labels over the years. Here are some of my favorites:
This striped tie-front dress is so cute! As with a few other pieces in this collection I definitely wanna try my hand at re-creating that one. I absolutely adore the color scheme on that turquoise/yellow/magenta dress (and the boots, too)! This check pantsuit kind of reminds me of something Siouxsie Sioux would've worn back in 1980. And that last look has me wishing I never got rid of this rad '60s-style yellow mini-skirt I once had. ╥﹏╥
My love for saddle shoes has reached a new level with these metallic painted ones from the show. These are definitely going on my diy to-do list!
This tulle capelet is my favorite out of all the pieces in the collection. I definitely want to try creating my own version of it!
Of course, after seeing the photos from the show I just had to put together my own Betsey-inspired outfit! And for once it actually included a piece from her label! I bought this dress back last spring when her online store was putting everything on clearance. I initially wanted to get one of her pistol sweaters that I've been coveting for years, but I eventually decided on getting this dress instead because it really just screams *BETSEY* with its bright floral print and babydoll design. It also has pockets! I don't know why, but I love it when skirts and dresses have pockets. I have a feeling most people would wear this dress with lots and lots of black to downplay the awesome neon color floral print, but seeing as I don't believe in toning things down I went ahead and paired the dress with some bright green fishnets from We Love Colors and hot pink lipstick. ^.^
Here's a better look at the earrings I was also wearing. I found them at a garage sale last summer for a quarter. They're vintage (from the '60s, I believe) and the most perfect shade of acid green. So dreamy!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, her designs are so amazingly colorful and loud! Until I stumbled my way onto your blog I never really knew that fashion-show fashion could be interesting and bizarre, I'd always figured it was the trend-setting evening-dress kind of "high-class" wear I'd associated with most fashionistas. But her style is fantastic, and I too might have to put together a Betsey styled outfit tomorrow! That dress you got is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I wish her online shop didn't have to go. :( I recognized your dress too, it's very Betsey! Love the way you put your outfit together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog...I think it's fantastic how fearlessly you wear stuff! And those earrings are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That collection is super and you look super! ALL IS SUPER! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you paired the neon tights with the dress! To heck with toning things down.
    My favorite looks is the 1980s one with skull print dress. I love it!
    Love, Evan

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah you look so cute!! now i am thinking about painting my bass saddle shoes gold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Possibly my favourite thing about this post is that even your background matches your outfit! COLOUR-COORDINATION APPRECIATION.

    http://gammacamera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Betsey!! Youre outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHERE did you find your saddle shoes?! I really want a pair but I'm hesitant to buy the BASS brand ones because the reviews said that the soles crack badly.

    I adore that dress and those tights. You look so adorable. And I think my favorite of the looks above is the 80's and 90's pics in the first collage. I really love the 90's one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at a thrift store (they're payless brand from the '90s!) They still sell similar ones though, like these: http://tinyurl.com/7lg8fx9

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!! :-) I've always wanted a pair.

      Delete
  10. Betsey is the best! you're outfit is adorable!! the dress does truly does scream Betsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those saddle shoes with the gold! Betsey is adorable! I love your earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I confess I hadn't heard of Betsey. Although I love clothes and fashion blogs I don't tend to follow the catwalk stuff but I love how colourful all this is. Especially the shoes.

    And I with you on pockets! Pockets are always a deciding factor on buying a dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you'd never heard of her! She's been designing since forever (1960s-now). I'm glad my post helped bring her amazingness to your attention! :)

      Delete
  13. Betsey Johnson is so much fun. She's like that crazy grandmother you always wished you had. :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. your outfits always are put together in such a unique and fun way! ah you're giving me so many outfit ideas (and you've inspired me to buy copious amount of coloured tights!!!) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. betsey johnson is so... idk, DIY? i mean her collections are so... DIY-able, you know what i mean? i personally love the frizzy hairstyle, though i dont really like her collections that much. but the looks hat were tagged 60' and 70' are my favorites.

    http://btarinadine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dresses with pockets are the best thing ever. They should ALL have pockets. And if I could, I would wear Betsey Johnson all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh you are so cool *sighs*
    Count on Betsey to spice up the fashion scene!
    The Lovelorn

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're right, that is the most perfect shade of acid green and the most perfect earrings. love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Marlena this is too good! I hadn't seen the Besty collection yet, but I've got to say this is by far my favourite collection this year. I can't wait to see what you come up with ♡ now i just want to go be an 80s punk princess rebel

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a cute dress, and a pistol sweater sounds so cool :) I cant wait to see your remakes

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betsey Johnson is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

♡ ♡ ♡ thanks for the comment! ♡ ♡ ♡